- October 10, 2005 | Television
- Beware the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations!
The first-wave audience is pleasantly surprised, but the second-wavers feel let down; then the third wave finds it's not as bad as they've heard—and they're all watching the exact same show.
- September 19, 2005 | Television
- Mommy Dearest: Jessica Walter
Anyone can play a bitch. The trick is to play a bitch we can root for.
- August 8, 2005 | Television
- Dorothy Snarker
Comedian Kathy Griffin either loves to hate Hollywood or hates to love it. Just so long as she’s part of the show.
- July 18, 2005 | Television
- Instant Replay
Mocking the 2004 election—again.
- July 4, 2005 | Television
- Bad Boy: Bobby Brown
"Everybody wants to know what Bobby Brown is doing, so I figured I’d give it to them without the middleman."
- June 27, 2005 | Television
- I Want My Gay TV
Which television series appeals to a lesbian soccer mom, a Chelsea gym bunny, and you? Ask Brian Graden, the mastermind behind the new cable channel Logo.
- June 20, 2005 | Television
- Don't Look Back
When Felicity graduated, so did Keri Russell—to New York City and freedom.
- January 10, 2005 | Television
- Sidekick: Tom Poston
Committed has surprising charm, thanks to offbeat touches and inspired casting, most notably a role for the deadpan Tom Poston as “Clown,” a dying clown who lives in a walk-in closet.
- March 14, 2005 | Television
- Good-bye, ‘NYPD Blue’!
The last cop show with characters.
- February 7, 2005 | Television
- Dispatchers: Joe and Harry Gantz
Taxicab Confessions is exactly what it sounds like: backseat confessions, captured by hidden cameras.