- October 26, 2009 | Encounter
- 76 Minutes With Jonathan Safran Foer
Dog-walking with the novelist and vegetarian polemicist, as he wrestles with questions of cruelty, identity, and Anthony Bourdain’s unethical shtickiness.
- October 19, 2009 | Feature
- And Now a Word From the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations!
By this time you’ve finally gotten to see the shows you’d spent weeks hearing about.
- October 5, 2009 |
- Born Cheap
For 300 years, we’ve been preaching thrift as a virtue. But what if it’s something that’s inherited rather than learned?
- September 14, 2009 | Feature
- The Bit Factories
These days, to make it in late night, you’ve got to be watched during the day.
- September 14, 2009 | Book/Author Profile
- The Coy Exhibitionist
Jonathan Ames has made a career out of self-exposure. Or so he would like you to believe.
- August 31, 2009 |
- Mark Your Calendar. All of It.
Your day-by-day planner to three full months of premieres, debuts, and talked-about events in the most culturally overstuffed city in the world.
- August 9, 2009 | Intelligencer
- A Tanifesto
- August 3, 2009 | Feature
- The Godfather
John Cazale got famous playing Fredo Corleone. Was he also the greatest actor of his generation?
- June 29, 2009 | Feature
- Popcorn Season on the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations!
Even though no one’s yet read Thomas Pynchon’s Inherent Vice, we’re already expecting the movie adaptation to sweep the Oscars, circa 2012.
- April 22, 2009 | Reading Room
- Notes on a Scandalous Novel
Wallowing in Charlotte Roche’s bodily-fluid-obsessed Wetlands.