- May 8, 2006 | Intelligencer
- Celibate and Lovinï¿½ It
Deep inside the forbidding opus dei citadel in midtown, young numeraries hold sing-alongs.
- February 14, 2006 | Intelligencer
- O 'Brothers,' What a Deal!
$2 mil remake payday for NYC lit-boy, David Benioff?
- May 28, 2007 | Short Lists
- Dynamic Duos
In this quiet week between spring and summer seasons, these high-caliber pairings stand out.
- May 21, 2007 | Short Lists
- An Almost Holy Picture
These performances—enhanced by their sacred settings—should get you to the church (or synagogue) on time.
- October 29, 2007 | Short Lists
- Strings Attached
Masters of bowing and plucking take center stage this week.
- October 22, 2007 | Feature
- Speech Therapists: Jefferson Mays and Boyd Gaines
Ah, the joys of starring alongside Claire Danes in her Broadway debut. It certainly helps with ticket sales. But then there is the issue of being semi-eclipsed, even when you’re Jefferson Mays and Boyd Gaines.
- October 22, 2007 | Short Lists
- Bring in the New
Accessible concerts that offer entrée to the contemporary canon.
- October 15, 2007 | Short Lists
- First Ladies
Three grandes dames (one an actual dame) give rare recitals.
- October 15, 2007 | Feature
- The Happy Little Minimalist
Composer Nico Muhly can barely keep up with himself (Björk, ballet, whew!), but he likes it that way.
- October 8, 2007 | Short Lists
- Red Sox, Shmed Sox
At least Boston’s other stars don’t choke—and two come to town this week.