- April 27, 2009 | Feature
- Stephen Petronio’s Salty Pas de Deux
“I’m done with the image of how I used to dance,” says choreographer Stephen Petronio.
- April 20, 2009 | Feature
- The Natural
Merce Cunningham, who made a revolution out of ordinary movement, celebrates his 90th birthday.
- March 2, 2009 | Feature
- David Byrne Makes Sense Of His Tour
Last spring, David Byrne came to a bittersweet realization.
- February 23, 2009 | Feature
- Prodigal Dancer
Melissa Barak returns to City Ballet, this time as choreographer.
- February 16, 2009 | Feature
- The Conversation
What do you get when a classically trained musician composes for a post-punker?
- January 19, 2009 |
- New Choreographer: Jonah Bokaer
Jonah Bokaer seems preternaturally calm for someone whose business is movement.
- November 17, 2008 | Feature
- Repo Man: Anthony Stewart Head
Anthony Stewart Head, best known for playing librarian Rupert Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, clearly appreciates a cult following.
- November 10, 2008 | Feature
- The Ditmas Park Crew
A group of classically trained musicians is remaking pop in their own image.
- October 16, 2008 |
- Catering to Foodies
Four top chefs take us through their fantasy wedding menus. Delicious? Of course. Realistic? Caterer Peter Callahan weighs in.
- September 29, 2008 |
- Sag Harbor Village: Everything Must Go!
One small town; 58 houses for sale.