- June 9, 2008 | Feature
- Settling the Score
Composer Danny Elfman—known for scoring many Tim Burton movies and for writing the Simpsons theme—annotates his rollicking finale to Twyla Tharp’s new ballet for American Ballet Theatre.
- May 5, 2008 | Intelligencer
- The Road to St. Patrick’s
Who will be New York’s next archbishop?
- May 5, 2008 | Feature
- A Brilliant Tyrant
City Ballet’s spring tribute to Jerome Robbins, creative genius and tantrum-thrower.
- April 11, 2008
- The Glass Menagerie: Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch
If the posters are to be believed, Julian Crouch and Phelim McDermott are about to change the world with their production of Philip Glass’s Satyagraha.
- April 14, 2008 |
- The New York Canon: Dance
Movement that moved us.
- April 14, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Il Divo
As Peter Gelb’s Met updates its productions, Franco Zeffirelli feels dissed.
- April 7, 2008 |
- Standards Bearer: Maude Maggart
The perennial problem of cabaret is keeping the most well-worn of songs relevant and exciting.
- March 24, 2008 | Feature
- Talking English: William Bolcom and Steve Blier
William Bolcom and Steve Blier spoke to Rebecca Milzoff about the particular challenges and pleasures of opera Inglese.
- February 18, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Heart of Glass
How do you know if he thinks of you as more than a cellist?
- January 7, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Village Gate to Swing Again
What’s red and fishy?