- April 14, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Il Divo
As Peter Gelb’s Met updates its productions, Franco Zeffirelli feels dissed.
- May 5, 2008 | Intelligencer
- The Road to St. Patrick’s
Who will be New York’s next archbishop?
- June 23, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Three Simple Rules for a Nobel Prize
If you do like Tutu...
- January 7, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Village Gate to Swing Again
What’s red and fishy?
- December 24, 2007 |
- 45. Because Music Is Starting to Sound a Lot Better Here
It seems simple: If you’re in the business of selling people tickets to see musicians, you should try to make the people and the musicians as happy as possible.
- December 17, 2007 |
- Dance Moments of the Year
“The Nightingale and the Rose,” Stephen Petronio Company, “Slow Dancing,” “Death in Venice,” and “From Here On Out.”
- December 3, 2007 | Short Lists
- Second Time’s the Charm
If you missed these bright lights of the classical scene—a young dynamo and an established leader—in their recent high-profile city appearances, catch them this week.
- November 19, 2007 | Short Lists
- Getting to Know You
A concert dedicated to one composer—especially one who’s not as familiar as Beethoven or Brahms— can paint a much richer picture of his music than a single symphony would.
- November 12, 2007 | Feature
- Show and Tell: ‘Opus Jazz’
New York City Ballet soloists Ellen Bar and Sean Suozzi set out to create a film updating Opus Jazz to 21st-century New York.
- November 12, 2007 | Short List
- They Talk, Too?
Choreographers step out of the studio to discuss their work.