- April 7, 2008 |
- Standards Bearer: Maude Maggart
The perennial problem of cabaret is keeping the most well-worn of songs relevant and exciting.
- March 24, 2008 | Feature
- Talking English: William Bolcom and Steve Blier
William Bolcom and Steve Blier spoke to Rebecca Milzoff about the particular challenges and pleasures of opera Inglese.
- February 18, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Heart of Glass
How do you know if he thinks of you as more than a cellist?
- April 14, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Il Divo
As Peter Gelb’s Met updates its productions, Franco Zeffirelli feels dissed.
- May 5, 2008 | Intelligencer
- The Road to St. Patrick’s
Who will be New York’s next archbishop?
- June 23, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Three Simple Rules for a Nobel Prize
If you do like Tutu...
- January 7, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Village Gate to Swing Again
What’s red and fishy?
- January 7, 2008 | Feature
- Met Tech
A century of operatic advances (plus the odd glitch).
- December 24, 2007 |
- 45. Because Music Is Starting to Sound a Lot Better Here
It seems simple: If you’re in the business of selling people tickets to see musicians, you should try to make the people and the musicians as happy as possible.
- December 17, 2007 |
- Dance Moments of the Year
“The Nightingale and the Rose,” Stephen Petronio Company, “Slow Dancing,” “Death in Venice,” and “From Here On Out.”