- April 23, 2007 | Short Lists
- Works on Papers
Two artists exploit yesterday’s news while a third capitalizes on the discarded notes of others.
- April 16, 2007 | Short Lists
- Variations on a Theme
A week of single-minded group shows.
- April 9, 2007 | Short Lists
- Foreign Alternatives
Three simultaneous shows mark the U.S. debut of Brussels-based Pierre Bismuth.
- March 26, 2007 | Short Lists
- Things to Do After ‘Dinner’
Judy Chicago’s The Dinner Party dominates the Brooklyn Museum’s new feminist-art wing (opening March 23)—but there’s far more to see there than that one provocative work.
- March 5, 2007 | Short Lists
- I’ve Seen These Before
Eccentric art that comes—in a variety of ways— from ordinary objects.
- February 26, 2007 | Short Lists
- Let’s Go to the Videotape
Three female artists explore identity in video installations—one as impartial observer, two placing themselves in the spotlight.
- February 12, 2007 | Short Lists
- Bright Young Things
Two galleries transformed by illumination, a third by alliteration.
- February 5, 2007 | Short Lists
- An Hour in Chelsea
When it’s windy and icy, it’s best to look for three strong shows within two blocks.
- January 22, 2007 | Short Lists
- Return of the Power Broker
Eight decades after he took power, and a quarter-century after his death, Robert Moses’s work affects every New Yorker every single day. Three exhibits explain how.
- January 15, 2007 | Short Lists
- Photo Ops
Four photography shows provide fresh looks at vintage material.