- November 17, 2008 | Features
- Two Bucks a Dance
In bailarina bars, you can rent a girlfriend by the song. For $40, she’ll sit with you for an hour. For $500, she’s yours for the evening. That’s when the relationship gets complicated.
- April 17, 2006 | Intelligencer
- Appetizers for the Apocalypse
Do you have the stomach for survival ration crackers?
- December 12, 2005 | Feature
- The New Underground Railroad
Thousands of women come to New York each year for late-term abortions. A hundred New Yorkers take them in.
- May 16, 2005 | Feature
- David and His 26 Roommates
They’ve traveled thousands of miles from Mexico, found jobs serving rich customers at Fairway and Citarella, and dealt with impossible rents by packing together in a tiny, illegal basement apartment. If only finding love were so easy.