- July 10, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Lost Island
Richard Greenberg almost captures a sepia-toned New York. Plus: Spring Awakening’s kids are all right.
- August 7, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Blackboard Jungle ’06
No Child goes where theater rarely dares tread: a New York public high school.
- May 22, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Phil Collins Can’t Swing
Tarzan slathers millions in razzle-dazzle on a two-cent script. Plus: Burnished performances in Shining City.
- May 15, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Humor Me Here
Real laughs make a too-rare appearance on Broadway.
- May 8, 2006 | The Theater Review
- I Love-Hate the Eighties
Lestat recalls the cheeseball bombast of that decade at its worst; The Wedding Singer does better by giving the same era a cheerful wink.
- March 27, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Man in Black II
Ring of Fire lacks spark; Grey Gardens does too, but it’s saved by one fantastic star.
- November 13, 2006 | The Theater Review
- The East Hampton Star
Grey Gardens isn't the revolutionary musical for today, but you won’t see the likes of its star anywhere else.
- November 27, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Fly Away, Mary Poppins
Rent the movie instead. Plus: Skip Les Mis, Part Deux, in favor of an acting tour de force.