- December 3, 2007 | The Theater Review
- My Kingdom for a Director!
What’s wrong with Richard III.
- March 7, 2007 | The Theater Review
- The Taming of King Lear
Kevin Kline is the latest star to fail the test of Shakespeare.
- February 12, 2007 | The Theater Review
- The Play Really Is the Thing
And without one, the best actors in the world can’t save you.
- December 18, 2006 |
- The Year in Theater
Hollywood carpetbaggers couldn’t keep up with our homegirls Christine Ebersole and Julie White. Will Power’s hip-hop Aeschylus owned New York Theatre Workshop. And John Doyle’s new Company proved that his spectacular Sweeney Todd was no fluke.
- November 20, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Domestic Drama
Sarah Ruhl’s The Clean House feels like it’s been thoroughly scrubbed of human ambiguity. And the jokes would really work better in English.
- October 30, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Stand and Don’t Deliver
After all the drama around My Name Is Rachel Corrie, what are we to make of the actual play?
- October 9, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Anomie Planet
Eric Bogosian updates subUrbia to 2006. Or tries to.
- September 25, 2006 | The Book Review
- The Giant Boy
Orson Welles eats his biographer.
- September 25, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Eve Ensler Has Issues
The Treatment takes a ﬁrm stand against … torture. But does that really make it a political play?
- September 18, 2006 | The Theater Review
- Downhearted Blues
A new revival reaches for the high notes in August Wilson’s Seven Guitars.