- July 14, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Manuel’s Manual
The (likely temporary) Mets manager respects his forebears.
- July 21, 2008 | Intelligencer
- The Slugger Gets Into the Groove…
Does A-Rod even know the extent to which he’s being used, and does it even matter?
- August 11, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Special Olympicks
Why carry the torch just for Americans? A special-interest fan’s guide to athletes to watch.
- August 18, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Jets Stream
Brett Favre is supposed to bring the Jets stability. But mostly he just shows how all-over-the-place the team has been.
- August 25, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Take Me Out to the Moneyball Game
New stadiums are going to cost you.
- September 29, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Shea Stadium Zen
Everybody loves Mets manager Jerry Manuel—he makes sure of that. But it doesn’t mean he’ll keep his job.
- November 10, 2008 | Intelligencer
- No Red Dawn for Ratner
It looks like Bruce Ratner isn’t going to get an overseas bailout.
- November 24, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Favre, the Jet
For much of this season, the Jets–Brett Favre matchup has felt like a rebound relationship.
- December 8, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Super Jersey
For much of the season, Brett Favre has been the shiny object that has kept New York sports fans occupied.
- December 22, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Yankees Capitalism
Pro sports are not immune to the economic collapse.