SOK lawyers’ years of experience places the firm in a unique position to deal with the complicated tax, accounting and business issues involved in addressing the valuation of businesses, real estate, professional practices and other marital assets and holdings, as well as the complicated issues presented in custody, parental access or support matters. Although experienced trial lawyers, SOK also addresses issues by alternative resolution methods, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and collaborative law.
Schlissel Ostrow Karabatos, PLLC Celebrates:
• Stephen W. Schlissel’s being named recipient of the 2013 Distinguished Service Medallion, the highest honor bestowed by the Nassau County Bar Association (“NCBA”)
• Elena Karabatos’ election as President-Elect of the New York Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
• Stephen W. Schlissel’s appointment to the Independent Judicial Election Qualifications Commission for the 10th Judicial District (Nassau & Suffolk Counties)
• Elena Karabatos’ election as Secretary of the NCBA
• The continued inclusion of three of its lawyers in:
The Best Lawyers in America
New York Super Lawyers
Ten Leaders, Matrimonial & Divorce Law of Long Island
• Partner Joseph A. DeMarco’s selection as a Super Lawyers Rising Star
• Elena Karabatos again being selected to the Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services
• Continuation of two of its partners as Diplomates of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, whose membership is limited to 100 lawyers nationally
• Lisa R. Schoenfeld’s selections to New York Rising Stars 2013 list and Chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association
• Jennifer Rosenkrantz’ appointment as first vice chair of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Matrimonial and Family Law Committee
Setting the Standards in Family Law.