SOK lawyers’ years of experience places the firm in a unique position to deal with the complicated tax, accounting and business issues involved in addressing the valuation of businesses, real estate, professional practices and other marital assets and holdings, as well as the complicated issues presented in custody, parental access or support matters. Although experienced trial lawyers, SOK also addresses issues by alternative resolution methods, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and collaborative law.
Schlissel Ostrow Karabatos, PLLC celebrates recognition by its peers:
• The continued inclusion of three of its lawyers in:
The Best Lawyers in America
New York Super Lawyers
Ten Leaders, Matrimonial & Divorce Law of Long Island
• Continuation of two of its partners as Diplomates of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, whose membership is limited to 100 lawyers nationally.
• Joseph A. DeMarco’s selection as a Super Lawyers Rising Star
• Lisa R. Schoenfeld’s selection as a Super Lawyers Rising Star
• Stephen W. Schlissel’s being named recipient of the 2013 Distinguished Service Medallion, the highest honor bestowed by the Nassau County Bar Association (“NCBA”)
• Elena Karabatos’ election as Secretary of the NCBA
• Elena Karabatos’ election as Treasurer of the New York Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
• Stephen W. Schlissel’s selection to the Independent Judicial Election Qualifications Commission for the 10th Judicial District (Nassau & Suffolk Counties)
• Jennifer Rosenkrantz’ appointment as First Vice Chair of the NCBA’s Matrimonial and Family Law Committee