- December 1, 2008
- Jack of All Torture
A new season of 24 provides the usual fun for our hero (crucifixion?) and a president for the Obama age.
- October 27, 2008 | Book/Author Profile
- Updike and the Women
The Witches, The Widows, and the ambiguous bliss of misogyny.
- October 13, 2008 | Features
- What Tina Fey Would Do for a SoyJoy
Product integration, 30 Rock, and the trouble with using brands to write TV.
- October 6, 2008 |
- In Conversation: Gloria Steinem and Suheir Hammad
A feminist icon and a rising star on the sexual revolution, the booty-call nineties, and the Superwoman myth.
- September 22, 2008 | Features
- The Man in the Bushes
He stalked Jackie, was pummeled by Brando, and gave birth to the idea of modern American celebrity. Without Ron Galella, there’d be no TMZ. Much to his dismay.
- September 1, 2008 |
- Weird Science
J.J. Abrams tries to play it straight(er) with Fringe.
- July 28, 2008 | TV Profiles
- Square Peggy
On Mad Men, Elisabeth Moss plays one of TV’s newest nerd girlsóbut with an unsettling twist.
- May 12, 2008
- Sarah Jessica Parker Would Like a Few Words With Carrie Bradshaw
The Sex and the City star likes Victorian morality tales, frets about artistic purity, and laments the passing of Old New York. So how did she become the poster girl for the New Manhattan?
- April 14, 2008 |
- The New York Canon: TV
From Rhoda to Seinfeld to Samantha Jones, this is New York in a box.
- June 23, 2008 | Intelligencer
Get ready for the stalkerverse.