- January 19, 2009 | Feature
- The Life and Aggravating Times of Jenny Schecter
After five seasons of amassing animosity, The L Word’s diva auteur will meet an untimely end.
- December 1, 2008 | Feature
- Alison Bechdel Retires Her Infamous “Dykes”
“The longer I wrote about these people, the fewer possibilities were open to everyone based on the choices they made.”
- January 24, 2000 | Feature
- Who's Your Daddy?
- January 12, 2004 | Feature
- Not Your Mother's Lesbians
In the past, when lesbians were seen in pop culture—if they were seen at all—they tended to be sexless creatures draped in flannel. Showtime’s The L Word reverses the stereotype. And, writes Kera Bolonik, New York’s lesbians are ready for a new paradigm.