- December 21, 2009 | Feature
- The Truth Is Out There
And in Omer Fast’s disturbing videos, really out there.
- September 1, 2008 |
- The Anti-Portraitist
Marlene Dumas thinks you can tell only so much from a face.
- March 10, 2008 | Feature
- The Facebook Biennial
How social networks have taken over this year’s Whitney festivities.
- February 26, 2007 | Feature
- The Armory Show Shopping Guide
What can your money get you at Pier 94 this week? A suggestion for every pocketbook.
- February 12, 2007
- Photo Analysis
A major sale provides a snapshot of the market.
- May 1, 2006 | Feature
- Boxing Day
Buyers continue to gravitate toward contemporary art—and Donald Judd’s the hottest ticket.
- March 27, 2006 | Feature
- Triptych: Who Bought What and Why?
The collectors and the artist discuss the purchase of Zak Smith's Spidey, Berlin.
- August 2, 1999 | Feature
- Poster Boy
Calvin Klein proves once again that it pays to have friends in high places.
- May 30, 2005 | Triptych
- Who Bought Virgil Marti's 'Large Chandelier (Red Stag and Anemones, Reversed)' and Why?
"We paid a studio visit, and decided it would be fun to commission a chandelier for our apartment in Venice."
- January 3, 2005 | Triptych
- Who Bought Kevin McCoy's 'Our Second Date' and Why?
The illusion of perspective and the framing of the master and close-up—the way you see it happening in real time is like a mini-education in filmmaking.