- May 16, 2011 | Feature
- The Pioneer: Maj Sjöwall
“I don’t want to spend time reading bad crime novels.”
- April 18, 2011 | Feature
- I’m On @#$% Broadway
Three playwrights discuss their profanity-filled debuts.
- March 28, 2011 | Feature
- The Conversation
John Leguizamo and Fisher Stevens—star and director of the new one-man show Ghetto Klown—prove it is possible to know too much about someone.
- February 21, 2011
- The Accidental Actress
Grace Gummer joins the family business, after a few detours.
- January 31, 2011 | Feature
- Is This Book Worth Getting?
A no-frills guide to the new biographies-and-letters shelf.
- January 3, 2010 | Feature
- Still Booming
Mexican novelist Carlos Fuentes might be 82, but he knows what emo means.
- November 29, 2010 | Feature
- Reinventing the Book
Jonathan Safran Foer’s object of anti-technology.
- November 22, 2010 | Feature
- Josephine and Langston and Malcolm
A Harlem album.
- November 15, 2010 | Feature
- Minstrels, With Irony
Two high-steppin’ reasons to see The Scottsboro Boys.
- November 1, 2010 | Feature
- The Real Laura: Yael Hedaya
Hedaya spoke with Boris Kachka about the terrors (none of them involving Iran or suicide bombers) of living in her fictional but photo-realistic Israel.