- June 15, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Prosecutor As Book Publicist
Was Fitzgerald libeled?
- October 26, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Backlist to the Future
- February 16, 2009 | Feature
- One Hell of a Mother
Eugene O’Neill’s Mourning becomes Lili Taylor.
- February 9, 2009 | Feature
- Chekhov Czar: Denis O’Hare
Denis O’Hare has been weaning himself off Broadway, venturing into increasingly dark territory.
- February 2, 2009 | Feature
- Rose’s Last Turn
Patti LuPone’s final day as Mama Rose in Gypsy: A diary in photos.
- February 2, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Becky Shaw
Gina Gionfriddo’s Becky Shaw, is every bit as clever as Tracy Letts’s epic hit August: Osage County.
- January 5, 2009 | Feature
- Courtly Lion
Robert Giroux’s life reminds us that great publishing needs quiet rebels (and taste).
- December 22, 2008 | Feature
- Mr. Shrek: David Lindsay-Abaire
As he tells it, moving from wild farces like Fuddy Meers to the grief--filled Rabbit Hole was partly about changing it up as a writer.
- December 8, 2008 |
- The Curated Bookshelf
For customizing your reading, nothing beats the neighborhood shop.
- December 1, 2008 | Feature
- Native Tongues: Danny Hoch
It took Danny Hoch only four days to write most of Taking Over, maybe because the subject is so close to his spleen.