- February 2, 2009 | Feature
- Rose’s Last Turn
Patti LuPone’s final day as Mama Rose in Gypsy: A diary in photos.
- February 2, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Bookish for Bernie?
Madoff-lit boom busts.
- January 5, 2009 | Feature
- Courtly Lion
Robert Giroux’s life reminds us that great publishing needs quiet rebels (and taste).
- December 22, 2008 | Feature
- Mr. Shrek: David Lindsay-Abaire
As he tells it, moving from wild farces like Fuddy Meers to the grief--filled Rabbit Hole was partly about changing it up as a writer.
- December 15, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Who Will Bail Out the Publishers?
How Random House is like General Motors.
- December 8, 2008 |
- The Curated Bookshelf
For customizing your reading, nothing beats the neighborhood shop.
- December 1, 2008 | Feature
- Native Tongues: Danny Hoch
It took Danny Hoch only four days to write most of Taking Over, maybe because the subject is so close to his spleen.
- November 24, 2008 | Feature
- Guess Who’s Coming to Visit?
Where to take your out-of-towners this holiday season, in one act.
- November 10, 2008 | Feature
- Inside Man: John Gallagher Jr.
The Tony Award–winning star of Spring Awakening, spoke to Boris Kachka about trading rock for evil.
- October 27, 2008 | Feature
- David Mamet, As Seen on TV
How do you top Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblum, whose vicious performances in Speed-the-Plow raised the bar as high as it can go?