- October 22, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Mouthing Off
A noose dangling from the door of an African-American Columbia professor’s office was the only thing that kept Yankees manager Joe Torre off the front pages this week.
- October 15, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Who Do You Like?
As Indian summer continued its extended run last week, some of the most popular kids in town found themselves getting the cold shoulder.
- October 8, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- On the Firing Line
In a week when much of the world came to midtown, the boldest names were to be found on campus.
- October 1, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Thinking Big
Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s request to lay a wreath at ground zero was the unlikeliest wish in a week of ambitious schemes.
- September 24, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Moving Along
The sixth anniversary of 9/11 came and went, with what has come to pass for normality on the city’s darkest date.
- September 17, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Hitting the Road
As a cabbie strike made it easier to flag down a school bus than a yellow taxi last week, the Big Apple did its best to keep moving forward.
- September 3, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Dark Skies
A stretch of freakishly cold and rainy August weather seemed all too appropriate for a week of unseasonably chilling news.
- August 27, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Moving On
As the city draped itself in black last week to mourn the death of Brooke Astor, stock-market troubles aside, the summer’s darkest days otherwise seemed to have passed.
- August 20, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Round Round
In a week in which a freak twister whipped through Brooklyn, downing trees and smashing cars, everything seemed like it was spinning.
- August 13, 2007 | It Happened Last Week
- Flip-Flop Weather
Citizens left the city in droves as August began, apparently fleeing the cloud of uncertainty that seemed to have settled over the city.