- November 24, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Farragut North
Electoral sabotage! Pollster manipulation! The screaming 24/7 TV-news cycle!
- October 20, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Chekhov Lizardbrain
The members of Pig Iron are masters of the egghead deadpan.
- May 5, 2008
- Beyond Her Control
Meet Mamie Gummer. Her mother is Meryl Streep, but that’s not why you should know her.
- April 16, 2007 | The Book Review
- Textual Liberation?
Reflections on digital communication from the last generation that remembers uni-tasking.
- August 21, 2006 | The Book Review
- All Un-Alone in the City
Why the latest chatter about friendship doesn’t feel very relevant to New York.
- August 7, 2006 | Intelligencer
- Life Before Wartime
Beirut as a case study in the fragility of cosmopolitanism.
- June 5, 2006 | The Book Review
- Arrested Development
Curtis Sittenfeld’s post-Prep novel.
- May 15, 2006
- African Boyhood: Richard E. Grant
Q&A with actor-turned-director of Wah-Wah Richard E. Grant.
- March 6, 2006 | Feature
- Suddenly Liza
On Minnelli’s 60th birthday, an unearthed film reminds us what made her a star.
- October 16, 2000 | Feature
- Let Them Eat Cake
A scholar finds hints of Versailles in the dinner parties of New York's would-be Sun Kings.