- June 1, 2009
- Two Rabbis Walk Into a Bar
5,769 years of the Jewish joke.
- May 25, 2009 | Feature
- What to Read This Summer
Reality rules, even on the beach.
- May 18, 2009 | Features
- Secrets of the Deep
What lies beneath the surface of New York Harbor? For starters, a 350-foot steamship, 1,600 bars of silver, a freight train, and four-foot-long cement-eating worms.
- April 8, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Why Torture Is Wrong, and the People Who Love Them
Kurt Vonnegut once ruefully admitted that writing antiwar novels is about as effective as writing anti-glacier novels.
- September 21, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Textbook Obama
Which predecessor does his rhetoric most nearly echo? The data don’t lie: It’s Ronald Reagan.
- August 2, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Metrocard Unbound!
MTA threatens freedom.
- October 18, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Cars Top Trains
Christie lacks tunnel vision.
- December 15, 2008 |
- The Top Ten Plays
Fela!, tops with list, along with Top Girls, Gypsy, and more.
- November 21, 2008 | The Theater Review
- On the Town
If you were going out of your way to find something wrong with this revival of On the Town, I guess you could say that the intertitles, displayed on a scrolling LED sign, are a little distracting and annoying.
- October 20, 2008 | Feature
- The Hive Mind
How Hilary Berseth makes his buzzworthy sculptures.