- March 4, 2002 | The Underground Gourmet
- craftbar and the Bar @ Etats-Unis
47 E. 19th St. (212-780-0880)
The Bar @ Etats-Unis
247 E. 81st St. (212-396-9928)
- March 4, 2002 | Feature
- Take the 1 Train
Jean Georges and picholine are just two reasons the west side is cookin'.
- January 21, 2002 | The Underground Gourmet
- Heaven's Plate
8 Little West 12th Street;
- January 7, 2002 | Feature
- Winter Salads
You vowed to be good and eat your veggies in 2002, right? These crunchy, tasty salads will help your resolve -- no crummy winter tomatoes required.
- December 10, 2001 | Feature
- Hot Chocolates
Hot-chocolate season has arrived, even if it's 60 degrees out. And out of the city's intensely rich and deliciously complex versions of the traditional winter treat, not one is Swiss and not one is a miss.
- December 10, 2001 | The Underground Gourmet
- Romagna Holiday
Via Emilia, 240 Park Avenue South, near 20th Street (212-505-3072)
- November 19, 2001 | The Underground Gourmet
- Playing DUMBO
Superfine 126 Front Street, Brooklyn; 718-243-9005; Dinner, Tues.-Sat. 6-11 p.m.; brunch, noon-5 p.m. Appetizers, $4 to $9; entrées, $9 to $24. Cash only.
- October 15, 2001 | The Underground Gourmet
- Egg Beaters
Kitchen/Market, Bright Food Shop , Hampton Chutney Co. , Viet-Nam Banh Mi So 1, African Grill , Congee Village, City Bakery, Krystal's Cafe , Half King, 'ino, Hemsin Bakery & Restaurant
- September 17, 2001 | The Underground Gourmet
- Tabbouleh Rasa
Bread From Beirut, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday to 6 p.m. Appetizers, $4 to $6.50; sandwiches $6.50; platters $8 to $15. All major credit cards.
- August 13, 2001 | The Underground Gourmet
- Passing Fancy
AQ Café, 58 Park Avenue, at 38th Street (212-847-9745). Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Date Palm Cafe, 15 West 16th Street (917-606-8210). Open 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.