- October 30, 2000 | Strategist
- Retractable lighters . . .
. . . one-of-a-kind hats and mittens
- October 25, 1999 | Sales & Bargains
- Prime Cuts
Shave and a haircut: Okay, it costs a little more than two bits -- but these barbers still keep their prices trimmed.
- October 23, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Top Coats
Dark winter days don't demand dark winter wear. This year, classic shapes are fair and warmer in camel, cream, and tweeds (and one amazing Technicolor).
- October 16, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Straight Talk
Not a lot of hot air: Six bucks for a blow-drying? We combed Chinatown for out-of-the-way salons where you can indulge without blowing your budget.
- October 9, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- The Satchel Page
They'll bowl you over: Forget teeny clutches. These bags -- even if you throw in a pair of shoes -- still have room to spare.
- October 2, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Trips and Fall
Autumn in New York -- upstate, that is -- never seemed so inviting. Especially when day trips are this affordable: Time to take your leave to see the leaves.
- September 25, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Get in Step
Heel thyself: More TriBeCa than Texas, this year's stylish boots are far sleeker than those blocky things in your closet. Time to give your old ones the boot.
- September 18, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Tweed Killers
Mild and woolly: Softer than anything Harris ever imagined, these lightweight tweeds will carry you through the chilly season without a sweat.
- September 11, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Bow Hunting
The silk-stalking district: This year's tie-neck blouses make the cut as officewear and for evening-out dress-up. Skip the designer versions -- and get yourself two.
- September 4, 2000 | Sales & Bargains
- Collecting the Purse
Clutch peddlers: Having hundreds of vintage purses in her collection doesn't keep Jill Stuart from hunting for more -- so we asked where she bags her quarry.