- August 28, 2006 | Fall Fashion
- Summer for the Sun Queen
When Gianni Versace was alive, Donatella Versace was happy in his shadow. But after he died and left her daughter, Allegra, the lion’s share of his company, the shadow got darker. It took her till now to get out from under it.
- August 21, 2006
- The Angriest Auteur
Spike Lee, along with his wife, Tonya Lewis, is wealthy, hugely successful, at the top of W.E.B. DuBois’s “Talented Tenth” of black society in America. But does that mean Spike has mellowed? Hardly.
- May 29, 2006 | Features
- Dirty Old Women
Teenage boys have always lusted after attractive teachers, but what happens when the teachers lust after the boys?
- November 7, 2005 | Profile
- The Redhead and the Gray Lady
How Maureen Dowd became the most dangerous columnist in America—on her own, very female terms.
- August 22, 2005 | Profile
- Don't Hate Him Because He's Young, Good-Looking, Privileged, Impeccably Connected, and About to Publish His Second Novel
The charmed life of Nick McDonell.
- August 15, 2005 | Feature
- Miss Independent
Liz Phair doesn’t need your stinking “indie cred.” She’s not nostalgic for her bad-girl years. And she’s back with her best album yet.
- June 6, 2005 | Profile
- The Prisoner of Sex
A victim of abuse as a child, briefly a prostitute as a young woman, Andrea Dworkin married a gay man and spent three decades fighting hypersexualized America. She lost.
- June 6, 2005 | Television
- Sly Fox
As Entourage’s snappy publicist, Debi Mazar is back in the public eye. And who knows better how to hold that gaze?
- April 25, 2005 | Feature
- Ellen from the Block
Whatever became of Ms. Barkin? The good life, that’s what.
- December 20, 2004 | It Happened This Year: A Guide to 2004
- Martha Brought Homemaking to the Big House.
You thought she had lost her good name? Leave it to Miss Perfect to figure out how to get it back.