- August 24, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- Green Machine
Tavern on the Green is the mother of all tourist restaurants, but after two decades dazzling out-of-towners, it pines for hometown cred.
- April 3, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Arch Support
Terence Conran's latest venture, Guastavino's, fills the spectacular space under the 59th Street bridge with a boisterous crowd -- and food that doesn't yet perk up.
- September 25, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- In Living Color
Rising from the gray mediocrity of Mortimer's, Orsay is an unexpected oasis of comfort and culinary verve in the stolid heart of the Upper East Side.
- August 3, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- When in Chrome
All gleaming surfaces and pale palettes, Cena's décor doesn't break new ground. Chef Normand Laprise's menu, however, is both understated and surprising.
- March 16, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- Sequel Opportunity
Steve Hanson nets the Upper East Side singles at his Atlantic Grill.
- July 9, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Unsung Heroes
Maroons 244 West 16th Street (212-206-8640).
ViceVersa 325 West 51st Street (212-399-9291).
- September 20, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- The Boîte Pack
Way west, Fressen spiffs up the moonscape of a neighborhood with an idiosyncratic menu and a well-lit crowd of hip young things.
- June 3, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- A Man for All Seasons
24 Fifth Avenue
- November 20, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Park Place
40 Central Park South (212-759-9191).
Dinner, Mon.-Sat. 6:30-11 p.m.; appetizers, $13 to $20; entrées, $26 to $40; prix fixe, $68. Pretheater dinner, prix fixe, $48.
All major credit cards.
- January 22, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Cafeteria Style
Hudson Cafeteria at the Hudson Hotel; City Eatery