- May 5, 2003 | Restaurant Review
- The Gaul of It
Don’t take out your anti-French sentiment on the city’s chefs and restaurateurs. You aren’t making a political statement; you’re weaseling out of a true New York pleasure.
- December 23, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Happy Restraint
Charlie Palmer's new spot, Kitchen 22, may lack the elaborate artistry of Aureole, but with a well-crafted -- and recessionproof -- menu, consider it a holiday gift to yourself.
- February 11, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Hell's Belle
44 & X -- Hell's Kitchen
622 Tenth Avenue, at 44th Street; 212-977-1170.
- February 15, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Happily Ever Ocho
The location is loaded with bad karma, but Calle Ocho still beats the odds -- further proof that the Upper West Side isn't the diner's nightmare it used to be.
- April 29, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Sharp Fin
1567 Broadway, at 47th Street
- July 12, 2004 | Restaurant Review
- Egypt on the East Side
Casa La Femme North has an odd location, a White Sheik atmosphere, and fabulous food.
- September 22, 2003 | Restaurant Review
- Ol' Man River
If the over-the-top theatrics of Rocco’s reality show make you crave old-fashioned restaurant professionalism, the River Café hits the spot.
- October 11, 2004 | Restaurant Review
- August Warmth
Chef Tony Liu’s August brings a touch of the Mediterranean to the West Village. Never mind the no-reservations policy. It’s worth the wait.
- November 4, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Tudor King
Tucked away in the cozy enclave of Tudor City, up-and-coming Italian monarch Scott Conant has begun a benevolent reign at L'Impero.
- April 19, 2004 | Restaurant Review
- Market Savvy
Jean-Georges Vongerichten is back (again). This time he’s peddling reimagined Asian street food at Spice Market.