- August 11, 2003 | Restaurant Review
- Summer Escape
If it’s a taste of the Riviera you crave, Nice Matin serves up a sunny South of France feeling—on the Upper West Side.
- December 15, 2003 | Restaurant Review
- Well Biltmore
Never mind its neighborhood without a name. Chef Gary Robins’s Biltmore Room is a destination in its own right (so’s the cell-phone booth!).
- December 18, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Sea Change
One Hanover Square
- June 18, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Go Ouest
2315 Broadway, at 84th Street (212-580-8700).
- March 8, 2004 | Restaurant Review
- Bravo, Bivio
Danny Emerman brings his unfussy Italian fare, and bubbling crowd, back to New York. Miss Barocco? You’ll love Bivio.
- November 29, 2004 | Restaurant Review
Lure Fishbar’s snazzy décor and bracing new menu are oceans away from the former Canteen.
- June 19, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Top of the Hill
Blue Hill dispensed with all the flash that dominates the current scene, and still got my attention; the equally subdued Tocqueville is a labor of love.
- December 6, 2004 | Restaurant Review
- Gray Is Beautiful
Gray Kunz won four stars at Lespinasse, then disappeared. Café Gray is his welcome return.
- February 14, 2005 | Restaurant Review
- Southeast Asian by Southwest
At Sapa, Patricia Yeo’s fusion cooking is appealing. It’s the room and the menu that need work.
- June 20, 2005 | Restaurant Review
- Laid-Back Flay
At Bar Americain, Bobby Flay is uncharacteristically subdued.