- October 29, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Thom Machine
60 Thompson Street (212-219-2000).
- March 9, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- High Standard
The chef and staff at jazzy 27 Standard are showing some real chops.
- February 1, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- The Tex-Mex-Files
The menu at L-Ray sounds old, but chef Aaron Sanchez has got some new mojo working.
- March 6, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Posh Spices
Live high on chef Douglas Rodriguez's celebrated roast hog, or settle for a bowlful of swoony seviche at Chicama, in the Flatiron district.
- April 16, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Goode Old Days
The Park, 118 Tenth Avenue, near 17th Street (212-352-3313). Open every night, 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Appetizers, $6 to $18; entrées, $15 to $30. A.E., D.C., M.C., V.
- April 5, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Chinese Roulette
When they go out for Chinese, Upper West Siders are used to taking unnecessary culinary risks, but Ruby Foo's dramatically improves the odds.
- October 9, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Diner's Club
Chef Mark Spangenthal moves uptown to work the stove at the newly opened Dining Room, an oasis for New Yorkers without dining rooms of their own.
- August 16, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- The Adman Cometh
At long last, advertising legend and restaurateur Jerry Della Femina brings a version of his namesake Hamptons hangout to Manhattan.
- July 31, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Downtown Under
Authentic Australian dishes like emu and kangaroo are rare even in Sydney these days -- who would ever expect to find them on Mulberry Street?
- July 27, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- Reversals of Fortune
Riding its rep as the power venue of the moment, Patroon was the last place you'd go just for the food, until now; meanwhile, Luma gets an unforeseen lift.