- August 2, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Points Well Taken
Every city neighborhood deserves a hangout as convivial and inviting as NoHo's Five Points -- but please don't tell everyone and ruin it, okay?
- January 26, 1998 | Restaurant Review
- High Standard
The chef and staff at jazzy 27 Standard are showing some real chops.
- December 24, 2001 | Restaurant Review
- Circus Trick
Le Cirque 2000
455 Madison Avenue, near 50th Street; 212-303-7788
- October 18, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Fireman's Ball
Shelly Fireman, of Brooklyn Diner fame, brings Sheepshead Bay to the Upper East Side.
- September 27, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Cooking Backward
Seeking inspiration in the past is fine, but Larry Forgione is starting to seem stuck there.
- March 1, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Truth to Tell . . .
It's the attention to detail -- in its curry nage, in its wine list, in its air-conditioning duct -- that makes Scott Bryan's Veritas such an instant success.
- January 31, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Ghost Story
Quince suffers because it's haunted by the specter of the old Quilted Giraffe; Icon is simply bedeviled by spirits from the bar next door.
- April 19, 1999 | Restaurant Review
- Bland Ambition
Belgian cooking is New York's unlikeliest new foreign fad since the work of Jacques Derrida. Will it catch on? Stranger things have happened.
- September 11, 2000 | Restaurant Review
- Day of the Lotus
Lotus offers trend-seekers high-style ambience with a menu to match -- if you can locate it. Tja! is also hard to find -- not that you'd want to.
- June 23, 2003 | Restaurant Review
- Start the Party
The food at Pampano is enough to set you cheering. So why is the atmosphere so quiet?