- March 5, 2001 | Feature
- I Want My Gay TV
Prime time is full of dykes and queens, but that doesn't mean we're really seeing gay life. The jokes may be edgy, but it's still television.
- December 24, 2001 | New York Awards
- The New York Awards: Fiction
- November 19, 2001 | The Culture Business
- The Museum Macher
Ronald Lauder is leading a campaign to revive Jewish life in Eastern Europe, so why are we shocked to find out he's been collecting German and Austrian Art since his bar mitzvah?
- January 8, 2001 | The Book Review
- Stairway to Heaven
The Death of Vishnu, By Manil Suri.
- June 18, 2001 | The Book Review
- Ransom Notes
By Ann Patchett
- November 27, 2000 | The Book Review
- Telltale Hearts
The Two Hearts of Kwasi Boachi
By Arthur Japin.
Alfred A. Knopf; 390 pages; $26.95.
- August 7, 2000 | The Book Review
- Uneasy Pieces
David Malouf's striking new book sustains his obsession with the tension between Culture and Nature; strangely, Noël Coward's novel does the same.
- March 18, 2002 | The Book Review
By Ian McEwan.
- February 11, 2002 | The Book Review
- Oral Arguments
By Susan Minot
Stranger Things Happen
By Kelly Link
- August 13, 2001 | The Book Review
- Sophomore Shlump?
Niagara Falls All Over Again
By Elizabeth McCracken.