- January 22, 2001 | The Book Review
- Carre On
The Constant Gardener By John le Carre
- January 8, 2001 | The Book Review
- Stairway to Heaven
The Death of Vishnu, By Manil Suri.
- January 1, 2001 | The Book Review
- Vogue's Gallery
Bright Young Things, Picturing New York: The City From Its Beginnings to the Present
- December 18, 2000 | The Book Review
- Proud Mary?
Oscar Wilde: A Certain Genius
By Barbara Belford.
Random House; 385 pages; $29.95.
- December 11, 2000 | The Book Review
- Carr Crash
By Caleb Carr.
Random House; 278 pages; $25.95.
- November 27, 2000 | The Book Review
- Telltale Hearts
The Two Hearts of Kwasi Boachi
By Arthur Japin.
Alfred A. Knopf; 390 pages; $26.95.
- November 20, 2000 | The Book Review
- Of Ice and Men
In the Land of White Death
By Valerian Albanov.
205 pages; $21.95.
- November 6, 2000 | The Book Review
- Critic Cornered
Ghost Light: A Memoir
By Frank Rich.
Random House; 311 pages; $24.95.
- October 30, 2000 | The Book Review
- By Midas Touched
Greek Fire: The Story of Maria Callas and Aristotle Onassis
By Nicholas Gage; 424 pages; Alfred A. Knopf; $26.95.
America's Queen: The Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
By Sarah Bradford; 500 pages; Viking; $29.95.
- October 16, 2000 | The Book Review
- Eve's Lemon
Nomi Eve's first novel is billed as a multigenerational historical allegory of Israel. Yet its real subject is simply sex, and the writing is just a sin.