- June 5, 2000 | The Book Review
- Banks's Account
A collection from 37 years of Russell Banks's short stories displays the talents of a writer known more for the chilly films made from his novels.
- April 22, 2002 | The Book Review
- Boy of Wonders
Everything Is Illuminated
By Jonathan Safran Foer.
- March 12, 2001 | The Book Review
- Emerald Bile
My Dream of You By Nuala O'Faolain, Aiding and Abetting By Muriel Spark
- December 18, 2000 | The Book Review
- Proud Mary?
Oscar Wilde: A Certain Genius
By Barbara Belford.
Random House; 385 pages; $29.95.
- October 29, 2001 | The Book Review
The Nautical Chart
By Arturo Pérez-Reverte
- June 10, 2002 | The Book Review
- The Cool War
The Russian Debutante's Handbook
By Gary Shteyngart.
- April 9, 2001 | The Book Review
- Smoked Signals
The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse
By Louise Erdrich.
- May 14, 2001 | The Book Review
- Canin Fodder
Carry Me Across the Water
By Ethan Canin
224 pages; Random House; $23.95.
- March 26, 2001 | The Book Review
- Horse Play
Seabiscuit: An American Legend, By Laura Hillenbrand; The Hole in the Universe, By K. C. Cole
- June 11, 2001 | The Book Review
- Fuzzy Logic
Kissing in Manhattan
By David Schickler
By Emma Richler