- September 12, 2005 | Fall Preview 2005 - Music
- Hitmen of Harlem
The Diplomats’ do-it-yourself street rap wows fans—and label execs.
- August 15, 2005 | Feature
- Influences: Brian Wilson
The lost Beach Boy's favorite things—Phil Spector, Arthur Koestler, and Celine Dion's legs.
- May 9, 2005 | Feature
- Influences: Joni Mitchell
The folky songsmith discusses great artists and synchronicity. Just don’t call her a poet.
- May 2, 2005 | Travel Feature
- Montreal, Canada
Up-and-coming bands, hot parties, and a refreshingly friendly club scene.
- April 25, 2005 | Pop Music Review
- Newer Order
The band that invented moody eighties dance-rock makes fresh contact with its inner loveliness.
- April 11, 2005 | Feature
- Influences: Al Green
I watch The Apprentice. I like when he tells ’em “You’re fired!”
- March 14, 2005 | Pop Music Review
- The Half-Buck Stops Here
50 Cent hawks himself into a corner on The Massacre.
- February 28, 2005 | Feature
- Songwriter: Martha Wainwright
Rufus and I were totally trying to kill each other at all times. We’d also have these competitions to see who could outsing the other person at the top of their lungs and who could stay awake the longest.
- February 21, 2005 | Intelligencer
- Intelligencer: February 14–21, 2005
Damon Dash goes Harvey Weinstein-hunting, final skirmish in ‘DisneyWar’, Christopher Guest’s latest ensemble satire, and more.
- February 7, 2005 | Intelligencer
- Intelligencer: January 31–February 7, 2005
Irv Gotti’s dirty laundry, Melania Knauss's best dress man, Daniel Boulud on B’way, and more.