- April 22, 2002 | Pop Music Review
- Young at Heart
Are You Passionate?
Neil Young, with Booker T. & the MGs
- October 13, 2003 | Pop Music Review
- In Brief: Richard X and Mu
Ethan Brown reviews new releases from Richard X and Mu.
- July 12, 2004 | Pop Music Review
- Back in Black
The Elvis: ’68 Comeback Special DVD restores the King to his throneŚwith startling footage of Presley wrestling with his reputation, and winning.
- May 24, 2004 | Pop Music Review
- Morrissey Loves Company
The ex-Smiths singer has made a startling comeback by reminding old fans how sad and lonely they used to be.
- June 16, 2003 | Pop Music Review
Don’t judge Radiohead’s latest disc, Hail to the Thief, by its trendily political title and cover—its sonic power is irresistible.
- October 20, 2003 | Pop Music Review
- In Brief: Rufus Wainwright and Emmylou Harris
Ethan Brown reviews new releases by Rufus Wainwright and Emmylou Harris.
- March 6, 2000 | Pop Music Review
- Bold Ambition
As teen pop shimmies up the charts, Air and William Orbit are hooked on classics and Femi Kuti is reinventing Afro pop. Auteurism, anyone?
- March 14, 2005 | Pop Music Review
- The Half-Buck Stops Here
50 Cent hawks himself into a corner on The Massacre.
- December 4, 2000 | Pop Music Review
- Back From the Future
On The W, the famously inventive Wu-Tang Clan slows down for a victory lap around the old school, but their retread beats don't make the grade.
- May 21, 2001 | Pop Music Review
- Love Is the Drug
Missy Elliott, Miss E . . . So Addictive
R.E.M , Reveal
Various Artists, Wild Pitch Classics
Various Artists, Tommy Boy Essentials: Hip Hop Vol. 1