- March 13, 2000 | Pop Music Review
- Leggo My Ego
Oasis gets experimental -- and even a bit modest -- on "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants," but Great Pumpkin Billy Corgan stays self-involved.
- March 6, 2000 | Pop Music Review
- Bold Ambition
As teen pop shimmies up the charts, Air and William Orbit are hooked on classics and Femi Kuti is reinventing Afro pop. Auteurism, anyone?
- January 10, 2000 | Feature
- Playboy's New Playmates
The magazine heads underground in search of tomorrow's audience.
- January 3, 2000 | Feature
- Pirate Treasure
Hip-hop bootlegging is causing brawls -- even as some industry insiders say it's a blessing.
- November 22, 1999 | Feature
- Nightlife '99: Clear And Present Danger
The drug now threatening clubland is colorless, odorless, and so dangerous even some dealers won't sell it. But you can buy it with a credit card on the Internet.
- November 8, 1999 | Pop Music Review
- Chart Failure
Rock isn't dead, but it's facing commercial decline, critical dismissals, and even insults from Sting. Three fall releases offer some hope for a cure.
- October 18, 1999 | Feature
- The Right Stuff
- October 11, 1999 | Feature
- Tough Life
Is this megaclub at the end of its velvet rope?
- September 20, 1999 | Feature
- There's Something About Mary
She reinvented R&B for the nineties with painful, personal songs about love and loss. Now, secure as the self-styled "queen of hip-hop soul," Mary J. Blige is finally getting happy -- her way.
- September 13, 1999 | Feature
- Nightlife: House Party
Software millionaires are the new rock stars -- and thanks to Rockstar Games COO Terry Donovan, they're getting a party all their own.