- April 5, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Marshall Brickman Hopes for a Lucky Typhoon
When Marshall Brickman first became famous, in the seventies, he would often say that every time something good happened in his life, he wondered what bad stuff God was saving up for later.
- April 20, 2009 | Feature
- The Conversation
Matt Cavenaugh, the star-crossed Tony of West Side Story, and Jenny Powers, co-star of Happiness, are getting married in Boston this August. They spoke to Jesse Oxfeld.
- March 9, 2009 | Feature
- John Cullum on How to Lead a Double Life
He’s doing two shows at once, playing the dad in August: Osage County and an old veteran in Heroes. What’s his night like?
- February 2, 2009 | It Happened Last Week
- Hope Floats
As Barack Obama became the 44th president, it seemed like most of New York had traveled to Washington.
- December 19, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Pal Joey
The Roundabout's revival of Pal Joey has had an All About Eve journey to opening night.
- December 22, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Shrek the Musical
Three questions present themselves regarding Shrek the Musical.
- December 22, 2008 |
- 36. Because Even Our Hot Dogs Are Political
Financier turned frankfurtier Nicholas Gray opened his hot-dog-and-papaya-juice stand on Broadway and West 72nd Street in 1973.
- December 8, 2008 | Feature
- Conversation: The Pals of ‘Pal Joey’
The emphasis is on the female leads in this revival of the Rodgers and Hart classic. Never mind that neither has sung onstage in 25 years.
- March 24, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Piece of Cake
From flack to author, with a little help from her friends.
- April 28, 2008 | Intelligencer
- The Spirit of ’68
An SDS radical returns to Columbia, disappointed.