- June 17, 2013 | The City Politic
- Candidate Who
Bill Thompson has a natural base and surprising allies beyond it. Now he has to make peace with the sound bite.
- June 3, 2013 | The City Politic
- Hot Dog Days
With Weiner in, Quinn drifting, Liu seething, and Thompson and De Blasio dueling, the campaign is about to get warm.
- May 20, 2013 | The City Politic
- Winning With Weiner
Don’t laugh—it’s not impossible.
- May 6, 2013 | The City Politic
- Is Quinn’s Flip Showing?
Christine Quinn’s shifting term-limits position may cost her—but not in the way everyone thinks.
- April 22, 2013 | Features
- The Albany Machiavelli
With unmatched political virtuosity, Andrew Cuomo has so far bent the state capital to his will. But things are about to get a lot tougher.
- April 15, 2013 | Intelligencer
- Malcolm in the Muddle
In Albany’s long-running sitcom, a new episode.
- March 25, 2013 | The City Politic
- “Yes, I’m Black—Duh”
Bill Thompson and the strange place of race in this year’s mayor’s race.
- February 11, 2013 | Intelligencer
- The Mayor of Crazytown
Ed Koch’s towering self-regard made him the perfect person to lead New York to sanity.
- January 28, 2013 | The City Politic
- Lhota and the Old Days
“I am not a tool of Rudy Giuliani,” says mayoral candidate Joe Lhota. But escaping the shadow of America’s mayor may be tougher than he thinks.
- January 14, 2013 | Features
- The Left Flank
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has taken on the role of liberal gatekeeper—trying to goad Barack Obama and Andrew Cuomo away from the Democratic center.