- August 19, 2013 | The City Politic
- Post–Carlos Danger
With Anthony Weiner reeling, Christine Quinn is the front-runner again. But a vulnerable one.
- July 22, 2013 | Intelligencer
- The Steamroller Returns
And many—Wall Street, unions, the Establishment—are afraid he hasn’t changed a bit.
- July 8, 2013 | The City Politic
- Bill de Blasio’s Towering Problem
He’s the highest-minded liberal in the race—but are his concerns too rarefied for most New Yorkers?
- June 17, 2013 | The City Politic
- Candidate Who
Bill Thompson has a natural base and surprising allies beyond it. Now he has to make peace with the sound bite.
- June 3, 2013 | The City Politic
- Hot Dog Days
With Weiner in, Quinn drifting, Liu seething, and Thompson and De Blasio dueling, the campaign is about to get warm.
- May 20, 2013 | The City Politic
- Winning With Weiner
Don’t laugh—it’s not impossible.
- May 6, 2013 | The City Politic
- Is Quinn’s Flip Showing?
Christine Quinn’s shifting term-limits position may cost her—but not in the way everyone thinks.
- April 22, 2013 | Features
- The Albany Machiavelli
With unmatched political virtuosity, Andrew Cuomo has so far bent the state capital to his will. But things are about to get a lot tougher.
- April 15, 2013 | Intelligencer
- Malcolm in the Muddle
In Albany’s long-running sitcom, a new episode.
- March 25, 2013 | The City Politic
- “Yes, I’m Black—Duh”
Bill Thompson and the strange place of race in this year’s mayor’s race.