- August 23, 2004 | Theater Review
- Shavian Cream
A hyperkinetic Pygmalion and a virtuoso performance in Man and Superman rise to the top at another memorable Shaw Festival.
- August 16, 2004 | Theater Review
- American Bridal
Horton Foote's latest tells a poignant tale of a wedding gone wrong.
- August 9, 2004 | Theater Review
- Croak Classic
The Frogs fails to make a splash. Plus a neatly trimmed After the Fall, some too-clever Fiction, and a lively adaptation of an Isaac Bashevis Singer story.
- July 26, 2004 | Theater Review
- Farce Time
A splashy, trashy, unsubtle—but audience-pleasing— Shakespeare in the Park; Baryshnikov as a man who believes he’s a car.
- July 19, 2004 | Theater Review
- Regime Change
A refreshing new cast for Hairspray—especially sweet, innocent Carly Jibson and Michael McKean as a credible Edna.
- June 28, 2004 | Theater Review
- Going Postal
Address Unknown has Jim Dale, but doesn’t deliver. Plus mangled Molière; lesser Lynn Nottage; Norwegian whining.
- June 21, 2004 | Theater Review
- In Brief: Audra McDonald at Zankel Hall and The Joys of Sex
On leave from A Raisin in the Sun, quadruple Tony winner Audra McDonald recently gave four performances of a 75-minute concert in Zankel Hall.
- June 14, 2004 | Theater Review
- Trio Brava
British threesome Fascinating Aïda is a witty delight; Boy is intriguing but manipulative; and Here Lies Jenny tries (and fails) to do the Weill thing.
- June 7, 2004 | Theater Review
- Second Sight
A revival of Donald Margulies’s brilliant play about Jewish identity; Kia Corthron’s babble; Jon Robin Baitz’s improbable triangle.
- May 31, 2004 | Theater Review
- In Brief: Tony Kushner's Homebody/Kabul
sometimes wonder whether Tony Kushner’s greatest talent isn’t for marketing.