- March 11, 2002 | Theater Review
- In Brief
- October 25, 2004 | Theater Review
- Wit Man’s Sampler
A revue of Sondheim tunes, both famous and obscure; a bouncy Mary-Louise Parker in Reckless; an annoying Othello; and Peter Dinklage as Richard III.
- October 28, 2002 | Theater Review
- Bay Tripper
David Henry Hwang takes on Flower Drum Song, set in a San Francisco nightclub, but it's Rodgers and Hammerstein who'd be singing the blues; a play about the death penalty is -- exhilarating.
- January 26, 1998 | Theater Review
- In Brief:
"A Double-Bill" at the Signature Theatre Company
- May 20, 2002 | Theater Review
- The (Re)Producers
The Pajama Game
Vienna: Lusthaus (revisited)
- July 19, 2004 | Theater Review
- Regime Change
A refreshing new cast for Hairspray—especially sweet, innocent Carly Jibson and Michael McKean as a credible Edna.
- November 18, 2002 | Theater Review
- Off Shaw
A small-town staging of Saint Joan by a big-time director is the delicious backdrop to Lanford Wilson's Book of Days.
- March 6, 2000 | Classical Music Review
- Some Like It Tepid
The Met finally puts on Franz Lehár's effervescent operetta "The Merry Widow" -- but stolid rather than blithe is the dispiriting result.
- February 21, 2005 | Theater Review
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is almost too much title for a wispy little musical that hangs on the horns of a dichotomy.
- October 29, 2001 | Theater Review
- Greek to Me