- January 12, 2004 | Theater Review
- Ghost Stories
Neil Simon is trumped by his own now-distant triumphs; Jonathan Reynolds dishes—literally and figuratively—about his colorful past.
- December 22, 2003 | Theater Review
- In Brief: Nothing But the Truth and The Story
John Simon reviews Nothing But the Truth and The Story.
- December 15, 2003 | Theater Review
- The Happy Hoofer
Never Gonna Dance has good dancers and better dances but little charm; an adaptation of Birdy solves literary problems with theatrical acumen.
- December 1, 2003 | Theater Review
- Star Turns
Kevin Kline heads a smashing production of Henry IV; Raúl Esparza sparkles in Taboo; Jimmy Smits breathes life into Anna in the Tropics.
- November 24, 2003 | Theater Review
- Bum Rap
A Pinter revival makes no case for The Caretaker; Paula Vogel’s Christmas tale is a multiculti mishmash; Fame won’t live forever in Times Square.
- November 17, 2003 | Theater Review
- Publish and Perish
Richard Greenberg’s new play heads right to the remainders bin; Ned Beatty’s Big Daddy roars; can Hal Prince salvage Sondheim’s new show?
- November 3, 2003 | Theater Review
- Both Sides Now
An impartial observation of a marriage in tatters, brilliantly acted; a dubious classic, ignobly acted; and a new play that possibly can’t be acted.
- October 27, 2003 | Theater Review
- All Petered Out
Peter Allen married Liza Minnelli and struck gold with I Go to Rio. But despite a game impersonation by Hugh Jackman, The Boy From Oz never engages us.
- October 13, 2003 | Theater Review
- Smart as a Pistil
Audrey the hungry musical plant finally makes it to Broadway, but Living Out, a powerful new play, reminds us of why we go to the theater.
- May 20, 2005 | Theater Review
- Send in the Clown