- April 3, 2000 | Feature
- Sex Ed and the City
- March 27, 2000 | Feature
- Celebrity Death Match
Two local nonprofits battle over some of the city's biggest family fortunes.
- March 13, 2000 | Feature
- Benedict Morelli Feels Your Pain
What's an operatic Brooklyn-born personal-injury lawyer doing deep in Johnnie Cochran territory? He's taking on pin-striped pinup Christian Curry's $1.8 billion discrimination case against Morgan Stanley. So what if he never finished law school?
- February 21, 2000 | Feature
- Culture Clash: Member of the Tribe
Suddenly, some of Louis Farrakhan's best friends are Jewish.
- January 31, 2000 | Feature
- In the Zone
The Empowerment Zone's low-profile CEO is all business. But is that all Harlem needs?
- January 24, 2000 | Feature
- Judge to City: "Is That Your Final Answer?"
- January 10, 2000 | Feature
- Old Jack City
Who might finally burst the city's safety bubble? The drug lords of yesteryear.
- January 3, 2000 | Feature
- Public Enemy No. 1
Who's behind the latest One Police Plaza shake-up?
- December 20, 1999 | Feature
- Christmas Stockings
A tax break turns charities into masters of the universe.
- December 13, 1999 | Feature
- Dropping the Ball
Cowed by crowds and wary of Y2K trouble, New Yorkers are staying home in droves this New Year's Eve. That means some of the best seats in the house are still available. But good luck getting a cab.