- July 12, 2004 | Noise
- Etiquette For Ears
When it’s too late to vacuum (and other urban dilemmas).
- June 28, 2004 | Summer Strategies
- How to Live in Your Own Private California
The East Coast is known for its hurricane swells. So check the weather, grab your board and head to the Jersey shore or hop on the A train to Far Rockaway.
- June 7, 2004 | Test Drive
- Bronze Age
These days, you have to be tan before you hit the beach. so which salon is best at helping you fake it?
- April 19, 2004 | The Big Question
- Commercial Success?
Bob Dylan’s “Love Sick” is in a Victoria’s Secret ad. What song-and-product pairing would make you cringe most?
- February 16, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Many Happy Returns
Give—and get—back at Kenneth Cole.
- February 9, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Penthouse Work
Students strip down to their essentials.
- February 2, 2004 | Test Drive
- Training Day
At top salons, you can snip the price down to almost nothing—if you play guinea pig.
- December 22, 2003 | Best of New York Weekly Pick
- Gifts of Knowledge
Sure, Lord of the Rings action figures are hot now, but come February, will Junior even remember Frodo and Gandalf? The best holiday gifts for kids are the ones that will hold their attention well past Christmas dinner.
- December 1, 2003 | Best of New York Weekly Pick
- Spokes People
City cyclists have a lot to worry about—jaywalkers, cabs, bus fumes—so it’s a blessing that they can take care of all their bicycle needs, at least, in one stress-free stop.
- November 10, 2003 | Deal of the Week
- Eye Scream
Of course those Prada eyeglasses will make you look smarter and sexier—they were designed to. And at that price, how could they not? The trick is to find frames that transform your face but not your wallet.