- October 7, 2002 | 10 Affordable Suburbs
- Dix Hills, N.Y.
Chosen by New York Magazine as one of the top 10 affordable suburbs in the New York Metro area.
- March 24, 2003 | Nightlife & Singles
- Top Five Hookah Bars
The sweet aroma of fruit-flecked tobacco will soon be outlawed from these fragrant Middle East havens. Inhale legally while the law is still on your side.
- February 9, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Penthouse Work
Students strip down to their essentials.
- February 16, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Many Happy Returns
Give—and get—back at Kenneth Cole.
- August 18, 2003 | Intelligencer
- Gigli Monster
How should J.Lo and Ben get over their Ishtar?
- April 19, 2004 | The Big Question
- Commercial Success?
Bob Dylan’s “Love Sick” is in a Victoria’s Secret ad. What song-and-product pairing would make you cringe most?
- January 17, 2000 | Feature
- December 22, 2003 | Best of New York Weekly Pick
- Gifts of Knowledge
Sure, Lord of the Rings action figures are hot now, but come February, will Junior even remember Frodo and Gandalf? The best holiday gifts for kids are the ones that will hold their attention well past Christmas dinner.
- December 1, 2003 | Best of New York Weekly Pick
- Spokes People
City cyclists have a lot to worry about—jaywalkers, cabs, bus fumes—so it’s a blessing that they can take care of all their bicycle needs, at least, in one stress-free stop.
- March 3, 2003 | Top Five
- Tropical Desserts
You toughed out the blizzardand now you deserve an island vacation, full of icy pink drinks and pineapples. Oh, what’s that? The flights are all booked? Ah, wellthese restaurateurs can give you a taste of what you’re missing.