- May 23, 2005
- Beach Prep
Summer rental? Check. Bikini? Check. But have you thought about what you’ll be reclining on this season? Beach chairs tested, from macho leather to modern minimalist.
- January 3, 2005
- Brew Finder
Teapots aren’t just porcelain anymore—they’re platinum, steel, and glass, too. Which one pours a proper cuppa?
- December 5, 2005 | The Storefront: Openings & Closings
- Ruehl Opens on Bleecker Street
Abercrombie graduates can head to Ruehl, the company’s more mature brand.
- October 31, 2005 | The Storefront: Openings & Closings
- Phoebe Cates Kline Opens Blue Tree Toy Store
Phoebe Cates Kline was so fond of the Upper East Side branch of gift store Penny Whistle that when it closed, she simply had to replace it.
- November 22, 2004
- Clear Choices
From Baroque goblets to elegant Bauhaus, which red wineglass shows off your vintage’s color—and taste—the best?
- May 28, 2007 | Store Openings
- J. Press Opens on Madison Avenue
J. Press has moved three blocks to a bright new 4,000-square-foot flagship store.
- August 7, 2006
- The Early Bird Gets the Blowout
Where to get highlights, a jet-lag-reducing body wrap, a little off the top, and five other treatments before the workday begins.
- January 16, 2006 | The Storefront: Openings & Closings
- Lord Willy's Opens in Nolita
Custom-tailored shirts, cashmere scarves, and ready-to-wear shirts with matching boxer shorts and pocket square.
- February 13, 2006 | Store Openings
- Destination Maternity Opens in Midtown
New York’s luxury maternity brands are huddling together in a new 10,000-square-foot space called Destination Maternity.
- June 20, 2005 | The Storefront: Openings & Closings
- Cappellini Opens in SoHo
The Italian powerhouse Cappellini, which exposed designers like Jasper Morrison and Marc Newson, has its first U.S. store.