- November 25, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Shine On
Just to prove that you can't judge a boîte by its cover, Sciusci ("shoeshine" in Sicilian) offers Italian-style culinary comfort in a chilly, almost Nordic space.
- November 18, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Tea Party
Tucked among the boutiques of Madison Avenue is Kai, a thoroughly neighborhood joint -- that is, if the neighborhood were the Upper East Side of Osaka.
- October 28, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Sea Change
Fish guru Rick Moonen has left the safe harbor of Oceana to helm his own ship, RM. And he's never been sailing smoother.
- October 14, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Ladies' Night
The latest in a slew of low-key restaurants run by women, Melissa O'Donnell's Salt wins over one prejudiced husband with its perfectly seasoned food.
- October 7, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Fusion Jazz
After riffing on all manner of Asian cuisine at AZ, the much-buzzed-about culinary maestro Patricia Yeo tries her hand at Mediterranean fusion with Pazo.
- September 23, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- French Twist
A high-concept midtown joint with a classic brasserie menu, Django attempts to have the best of both worlds. But is ambition all you need to make a great restaurant?
- September 8, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Fresh Catch
Leave it to a high-end seafood purveyor to come up with a restaurant that takes fish in surprising directions -- and reminds us just how close we are to the shore.
- August 25, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Salsa on the Side
Jimmy Rodriguez turns up the volume on sleepy East 57th Street with the opening of the newest branch of his sexy Bronx supper club.
- August 12, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Trading Spaces
145 East 50th Street
- July 15, 2002 | Restaurant Review
- Pass the Butter
415 Lafayette Street