- April 16, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Wild Salmon
The embattled Jeffrey Chodorow seems tame at a friend’s tasting at Wild Salmon—his fourth new restaurant since December.
- April 2, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Anthos, Greek for “blossom,” is the stage for chef-partner Michael Psilakis’s obsessive dream—an homage to his mom’s rustic home cooking, everything Greek respun.
- December 25, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- Klee Brasserie
Marinate an Austrian in the culture of New York eating for a while, and don’t be surprised if he comes up with a menu like chef Daniel Angerer’s (ex of Fresh) at his new Klee Brasserie.
- February 12, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Agata & Valentina Ristorante
Good grub, not inexpensive but almost reasonable, soul food for the Italian families at tables around us.
- February 26, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Fans of Sam DeMarco’s comfort food at the restaurant First, and later District, will want to know he’s back from a post-9/11 midlife crisis and romantic sabbatical in 2004.
- January 15, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Kobe Club
So unloved Mix, twice unhappily revised, reemerges as Kobe Club, and the kitchen is already impressive.
- March 5, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Hawaiian Tropic Zone
Clearly, Hawaiian Tropic Zone is the consummate place for dinner to keep our guys happy that Sunday night of The Big Game.
- December 4, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- The Russian Tea Room
A serious chef reigns in the kitchen of the optimistically resurrected Russian Tea Room.
- January 23, 2006 | Ask Gael
- Is it Gilt or just plain brass?
I have little tolerance for dinner as a cataclysmic life experience. But bad-boy chef Paul Liebrandt promised to soften his edge at Gilt in the freshly restored hallows of the departed Le Cirque 2000.
- December 11, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- Gordon Ramsay at the London
"Most everything else is a work-in-progress.