- January 21, 2008 | Insatiable Critic
If there is cachet in having an entrance even the average Mensa candidate can’t find, the new Dovetail has it.
- December 24, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Crave on 42nd
Coming after “I’m not your bitch, bitch” fame on Bravo’s Top Chef, chef-consultant Dave Martin’s new “think bistro, dine casual” restaurant, Crave on 42nd, lacks some heft.
- December 17, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- The Smith
In no time at all, East Villagers have discovered the Smith with its good, honest el cheapo grub.
- December 10, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Shelly’s Tradizionale
The grand scheme to turn Shelly’s Tradizionale into an Italian fish house celebrating the Tuscan seashore has been officially launched.
- August 10, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- The North Fork Table & Inn
A duo of fine-dining veterans, burned out by the city and smitten with Long Island’s rich local harvest, have made the brand-new North Fork Table & Inn an imperative year-round detour in a neighborhood that claims to be starved for quality.
- April 17, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- A Voce
All those years chef-partner Andrew Carmellini spent pleasing Daniel at Café Boulud inform everything that’s wonderful right now at the new A Voce.
- February 20, 2006
- Cocoa-flavored gnocchi? Do I dare?
I admit I had little hope for that gnocchi, or for fried cod over lemon marmalade, or fennel salad with licorice-spiked olive oil, bold moves on the menu at brand-new Spiga.
- February 13, 2006
- Is it the real or discount David Burke at Bloomie's?
Taste the mellow green-apple lobster bisque and those fabulous Asiago truffle fries and you’ll believe the real David Burke has been lurking nearby in this stainless-steel, smartly checkered canteen.
- February 6, 2006
- We’re hungry for comfort on the Upper East Side.
The narrow storefront that was Butterfield 81 has always catered to the neighborhood, and that’s Francesco Antonucci’s mind-set here in a room that is stripped-down and simple.
- October 19, 1998 | Feature
- *Hot Spots Venice*