- January 21, 2008 | Insatiable Critic
If there is cachet in having an entrance even the average Mensa candidate can’t find, the new Dovetail has it.
- December 24, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Crave on 42nd
Coming after “I’m not your bitch, bitch” fame on Bravo’s Top Chef, chef-consultant Dave Martin’s new “think bistro, dine casual” restaurant, Crave on 42nd, lacks some heft.
- December 17, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- The Smith
In no time at all, East Villagers have discovered the Smith with its good, honest el cheapo grub.
- December 10, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Shelly’s Tradizionale
The grand scheme to turn Shelly’s Tradizionale into an Italian fish house celebrating the Tuscan seashore has been officially launched.
- November 19, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
The team that created the brilliant and refined tasting menu at Dévi that quickly became a smash hit is back, having bought out the boss.
- November 5, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Irving Mill
Irving Mill seems to be flaunting the genes of Gramercy Tavern in the autumn-farm-stand pumpkin display at the door, the vintage touches of its vast tavernlike space, and that familiar genteel and friendly style of service.
- October 22, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Pamplona is chef-owner Alex Ureña’s bow to reality.
- October 8, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Toloache is an earnest Mexican bistro yearning for the big time.
- October 1, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Lured from his five-diamond (AAA) cocoon at the Ritz-Carlton in Tysons Corner, new chef-partner Fabio Trabocchi delivers complex dazzle at Stephen Hanson’s Fiamma.
- September 17, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Accademia di Vino
Accademia di Vino could be just what the neighborhood was waiting for: a comfy, laid-back spot to order a few $4 antipasti, a seriously al dente pasta to share, and wine by the glass.