- April 16, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Wild Salmon
The embattled Jeffrey Chodorow seems tame at a friend’s tasting at Wild Salmon—his fourth new restaurant since December.
- April 9, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Wild Edibles
Quiet as an octopus scooting along the ocean bottom, Wild Edibles stuffed a mini eat-at counter and eight two-top tables into its small seafood shop on a Third Avenue stretch lusting for really good grub.
- April 2, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Anthos, Greek for “blossom,” is the stage for chef-partner Michael Psilakis’s obsessive dream—an homage to his mom’s rustic home cooking, everything Greek respun.
- March 5, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Hawaiian Tropic Zone
Clearly, Hawaiian Tropic Zone is the consummate place for dinner to keep our guys happy that Sunday night of The Big Game.
- February 26, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Fans of Sam DeMarco’s comfort food at the restaurant First, and later District, will want to know he’s back from a post-9/11 midlife crisis and romantic sabbatical in 2004.
- February 12, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Agata & Valentina Ristorante
Good grub, not inexpensive but almost reasonable, soul food for the Italian families at tables around us.
- February 5, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Hurapan Kitchen
I love this beautifully presented Thai food by father-and-son team Taweewat and Dejthana Hurapan.
- January 22, 2007 | Intelligencer
- Le Binge
Gobbling along with a group of French professional gourmands on a three-day eat-a-thon that proves New York’s gastronomical superiority.
- January 15, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Kobe Club
So unloved Mix, twice unhappily revised, reemerges as Kobe Club, and the kitchen is already impressive.
- December 25, 2006 | Intelligencer
- Dark Night at the Circus
Sirio Maccioni frets over who can bring the stars back to Le Cirque.