- December 5, 2005 | Ask Gael
- Stop the (Food) World, I Want to Get Off
If you hunger for constancy and dignity, it’s time for Café Boulud.
- May 22, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
With Linda Japngie, its fourth chef in just eighteen months, in situ, the quirky little bistro Barmarché picks up the quickening pulse of this neighborhood just east of Soho.
- May 28, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Prime Burger Café
Updating Old Homestead’s sidewalk seating with a nip and a tuck to pass it off as the new Prime Burger Café is clearly a bid to make the 1868 landmark seem cool.
- August 20, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
In Manhattan’s spring shuffle of three-star toques, Fiamma’s Michael White now reigns in departed chef Scott Conant’s three-star kitchen at L’Impero.
- October 1, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
Lured from his five-diamond (AAA) cocoon at the Ritz-Carlton in Tysons Corner, new chef-partner Fabio Trabocchi delivers complex dazzle at Stephen Hanson’s Fiamma.
- December 12, 2005 | Ask Gael
- Can We Trust the West Side Renaissance?
Local grape nuts may cheerfully surrender to the provocative wine pairings in flights of two-ounce tastes at Pair of 8’s, an ambitious new launch on Amsterdam.
- October 16, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- Café Gray “Brasserie”
For deliciously ostentatious swank that’s infinitely cheaper than a status handbag, you must try the $85 black-truffle pizza on the new “Brasserie” menu in the bar at Café Gray.
- June 4, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
With its new wardrobe of sunny Provençal prints and the magical vernal blooming of its sheltered garden, Provence at the age of twenty has never looked lovelier.
- December 10, 2007 | Insatiable Critic
- Shelly’s Tradizionale
The grand scheme to turn Shelly’s Tradizionale into an Italian fish house celebrating the Tuscan seashore has been officially launched.
- May 15, 2006 | Insatiable Critic
- Capital Grille
155 E. 42 St., nr. Third Ave. 212-953-2000