- May 18, 1998 | The Insatiable Critic
- Trees Chic
Hungry? Make a dash for green acres. American Park brings fusion fuss to the Battery, and there's a stylish new tack at Central Park's Boathouse.
- June 1, 1998 | The Insatiable Critic
- Divine Oeuvre-kill
The Waldorf's Peacock Alley struts and stumbles to the strains of a harp; Provence gets a workout at Jean Lafitte on West 58th.
- May 24, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- Have Whisk, Will Travel
At last, Jean-Louis Palladin has begun soothing his Gotham itch. But his new Palladin still needs work to satisfy our Jean-Louis itch.
- December 13, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- Take the Fifth
Jack's Fifth, hidden just across from the Plaza hotel, acquits itself well on all counts; also, a Vongerichten alum heats up Lower East Side eats.
- June 14, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- Wall-to-Wall Italy
Don't even try to fathom the menu at ABC Carpet's rustic Colina. Just put yourself at chef Jonathan Waxman's mercy, and let your seams pop.
- December 14, 1998 | The Insatiable Critic
- Eating by the Numbers
Whaddaya want on your pizza? Peking duck, smoked salmon, and tandoori chicken at One3 in the Village prove its a small world after all.
- January 10, 2000 | The Insatiable Critic
- One Man's Frites
We'll always have Paris, as long as Keith McNally keeps obsessively re-creating his dream French bistro, true to the last faux nicotine stain.
- October 20, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- The Empire Strikes Back
A touch of alchemy lifts the weighty Austro-Hungarian cooking at Danube, David Bouley's velvet-swathed restaurant in TriBeCa.
- November 29, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- Lift Off
Atlas successfully shoulders a young chef's grand ambitions.
- November 15, 1999 | The Insatiable Critic
- Gimme Shelter
When Mortimer's closed, the kiss-kiss rich who watered there were cast adrift; but with the opening of Swifty's, their forlorn diaspora is over.