- August 23, 1999 | Feature
- La Dolce Alfonse!
Wait a minute! Al D'Amato lost the election, but now he's got more money, more babes, and more clout than ever? Life really is unfair.
- April 2, 2001 | Feature
- Hill Climbing
One might think that Hillary Clinton would be about as reviled by her new colleagues as, say, her husband. But the Survivor world of the Senate makes for the strangest of bedfellows. Even Jesse Helms gets a kick out of her -- though that doesn't mean he likes her.
- November 8, 2004 | Feature
- See Chuck Run. And Run. And Run. And Run.
But where is he going?
- October 18, 1999 | Feature
- Brother From Another Planet
What African-Americans like about Bill Bradley is that he's a straight shooter on race. Can he -- and his squad of star supporters -- turn his home-court advantage into black votes?
- December 2, 2002 | Feature
- Oldest Living Confederate Senator Tells All
As he prepares to leave office, Jesse Helms looks back on a career of opposing civil rights, women's rights, gay rights -- virtually everything most New Yorkers believe in. So is he a monster? That depends on your definition of the word monster.
- February 21, 2005 | Feature
- The Once and Future President Clinton
It’s not as crazy as it seems.
- January 9, 2006 | Feature
- Bolton in a China Shop
The U.S. ambassador to the U.N. is using some very undiplomatic tactics to upset the institution’s delicate (do-nothing?) balance (gridlock?).Is John Bolton the living emblem of American arrogance or the man to save the U.N.? Or both?
- November 18, 2002 | "I'm Right, You're Wrong"
- Ed Koch Vs. Al D'Amato Vs. Mark Green
Election reflection: Al gloats, Ed admonishes, and Mark considers turning to drink.
- January 6, 2003 | Feature
- They'd Take Manhattan
Memo to Al (er, Mr. President): Make a brand-new start of it in old New York.
- August 22, 2005 | Profile
- Bill Clinton's Plan for World Domination
Clear your schedule for his third inauguration, here in New York in September.