- August 19, 2009 |
- Bernie Madoff Is Actually Quite Boring
Just read some of his new biographies.
- September 15, 2008 | Feature
- The Gist: Damien Hirst’s ‘Beautiful Inside My Head Forever’ Sale
The art world is currently obsessing over Damien Hirst’s Sotheby’s sale in London.
- May 12, 2008 | Feature
- The Gist: What Will $70 Million Get You in the Art Market These Days?
There are not many artists who can command that kind of price. You’re basically talking about Picasso, Rothko, Warhol, de Kooning, and ... Bacon.
- May 19, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Just Business
The fall of book publishing’s last don.
- February 4, 2008 | Feature
- The Gist: Why Fauvism Is the Art World’s New Impressionism
Impressionist and modern art are booming alongside contemporary art.
- November 12, 2007 | Feature
- Watching Paint Fry
Art adviser Kim Heirston has helped old money and new get into the market. Does she sense a correction? Well, yes, but...
- May 10, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Early Bids
Handicapping next week’s contemporary art auctions.
- April 21, 2003 | Feature
- Man of the World
Newsweek columnist Fareed Zakaria has the perfect intellectual pedigree (Indian-born, educated at Harvard, conservative) for a fast-changing world, and the kinds of friends in high places who can push a career into overdrive. The first Muslim secretary of State? Don’t bet against it.
- November 25, 2002 | Feature
- Modern Love
Prices didn't crash (as feared) at the contemporary-art auctions. But if Warhol's the new Picasso, who's the new Warhol?
- October 14, 2002 | Feature
- Books Smart
Post-Tina, Talk survivor Jonathan Burnham keeps synergy alive.